Tuesday, November 21, 2006

That sinking feeling

Now it's worth pointing out straight away that sinking is not always a bad thing, after all fish do it quite happily every day.

I'm coming to the end of day 2 at JBossWorld Berlin and I can definitely say it's been worth it for me so far. It's not every week I can sit down and spend virtually 3 days sponging up information about our technology of choice so this has been absolutely fantastic for me.

To better help share some of the information that has come out of this I will provide an entry for each of the sessions I attended. Please excuse me if some of these are pretty much brain dumps at present, I will tidy them up and provide cross links over the next few days.

A lot of the material will largely be of interest to the developers, but there is some around the Red Hat / JBoss roadmap which could also be of interest to folks in Operations.

At the highest possible level he story so far is very much one of two companies combining forces, seeking stability and then working on making a major impact with JBoss 5 next year. The immediate advantages for us are that a number of products are going through a step change at present, and these will be back ported into JBoss 4 should we wish to adopt them within our current production version of JBoss.

Besides that Berlin is a fantastic location, the food and alcohol is apparently limitless, everyone is exceptionally helpful and it's great being able to put faces to names and vice versa!

No comments: