Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Cocktail Reception - End of Day One

Well what can I say ... I got stuck in when they brought the food out. Trevor would be proud :)

I had a good chat with Pete Bennett and Manik Surtani (both JBoss) about JBossCache, and asked them for their opinions on the problems we had come across earlier this year. The view looks to be that we try the latest version of JBossCache within 4.0.3SP1, and that failing that we invoke the support service we have to investigate the replication problems we had further. They said that JBossCache had moved on quite a lot since January time, making it unlikely that we would experience the same problems again now. Infact Manik described a problem that they had fixed around the use of the JDBC Connector which sounds suspiciously like it to me. This looks like another piece of investigative coding for our Pete at the moment.

I bumped into Mladen Turk, writer of mod_jk as was pointed out to me. It's great to meet so many people responsible for so many of the technologies we use on a day by day basis.

No comments: